Friday, December 23

It's About Time

So I haven't posted about a craft since I wrote about my sewing projects in "A Quilt or Two." It's definitely about time that I share. I have done tiny little crafts between now and then... I painted a couple picture frames, I decorated a couple of slippers with flowers and crystals, and I also painted an all white quote sign. Other than those, I haven't been too crafty this fall.

I took on a pretty big project for my mom for this Christmas. She had been talking with me all fall about wanting me to paint ornaments for Christmas presents for friends. For those of you who know my mother, know that she has an obsession with glass ornaments! So when I got back from NYC I had two days filled with painting and dolling up ornaments. I thought I would share my creations!

My mom had these great large magenta glass balls and some medium sized yellow ones for me to paint. We talked about various ideas that we had and took inspiration from Mckenzie Childs, one of our favorite designers ever!

So this is what we came up with...

Mckenzie Childs inspired Christmas tree 
Lovely roses
This was just to show that the roses are on both sides; this is before the addition of the bows!
Betsey Johnson inspired leopard print
My work station for the two days
I made four balls of each print. It was super fun to be able to do some handmade gifts this year. I'm very pleased with the way they turned out! :) Maybe next year you could try some yourself, since all you need is some ornaments, acrylic paint, and great ribbon!

Merry Christmas,

1 comment:

  1. Love the pink leopard! Those are all adorable!
    www.craftingrebellion.com

    ReplyDelete