Saturday morning I wanted to make Jordan breakfast. I searched through all of my Pinterest breakfast goodies to find something yummy. I came across a few recipes that I wanted to make that morning but I only had ALL the ingredients for one of them... so by default I picked "Cinnamon-Sugar Crusted Coffee Muffins" by Andie at Can you Stay for Dinner?
|credit by Andie|
A couple notes on these delightful muffins:
- They have a suggested cooking range of 15-20 minutes. I ended up baking mine at about 22-23 minutes, so just make sure you are on top of your oven and watching these guys.
- I would suggest doubling the Cinnamon Sugar topping portion of the recipe because I ran out of topping and had to make more.
Today, I crafted "Baked Apple Cider Doughnuts" by Lauren on Healthy Delicious. Maybe I am on a doughnut kick? Not sure but I seriously loves all this baking that I'm doing. Of course, Lauren's pictures make the delectable treats look way more delicious... so check out her photos.
|Tasted one with a cup of hot apple cider|
They were also pretty easy to make. I had everything in my pantry, which I loved. I hate when you need like one item from the store when you are trying to make something but this was crazy simple. Flour, sugar, apple, cinnamon, nutmeg, apple cider, milk... that's pretty much the gist of it. I suppose that I lucked out that I had apple cider and apples in my fridge but hey, its that time of the year!
May I make a couple suggestions for you?
- I chose to bake them over fry them (she has both instructions) since I was going for the healthier approach BUT I did brush some melted butter on the top of each doughnut and sprinkled them with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar as suggested for the frying method.
- Try fun shapes when making them! I gave up on the trying to make them look like real doughnuts - since I was having a difficult time with cutting them out... so I just ended up making them circular blobs. Maybe not as cute but surely delicious!
- When having a cup of hot apple cider, stir in a spoonful of light brown sugar. It just adds a little something special!