Sunday, June 5

Running Around DFW

This past saturday was all about running around. Dad & I had another race in the morning. Then, Aly & I 'ran' around town all afternoon catching up and doing some shopping damage.


This 5k that we ran in on Saturday was called xSIGHTment by the Colleyville Lion's Club to support the charities that they support. There were over 260 racers in the 5k so it was bigger than the last race that we ran in. Jordan, Mom, and the dogs came out to support Dad and I. Dad ran BOTH dogs in the 1 mile fun run before the 5k. Thunder & Juno got 1st dog again! Thunder loves racing. Juno is pretty much still exhausted from the race...


Juno
Thunder
pure exhaustion after the race
So of course my dad made me set a goal for this race. I set my goal to beat 26 minutes since I ran my last race in 26:27.12. The sun was beating down and there were several hills so I was setting myself up for some kind of failure. We ran our first mile in 7:45 which again probably set me up for failure since we took off to fast but I think my dad has his own secret plan to get me to beat it down...




















I finished with a final time of 25:12.00. Beat the goal! Beat myself up! Dad said next goal is 24:00... we will see. I did win my age group of 20 to 24 year old women! Mom hung out with me until it was time for the awards.


The rest of my Saturday was spent with my lovely best friend Aly. We've been the most absolute best friends since we met freshman year in high school. We are extremely alike in so many ways but are opposites in others. We just fit! I hadn't seen her since January since she goes to Oklahoma University and took a summer class. She just got back on Friday. So we had to get together right away to celebrate our reuniting! We had a fabulous lunch at Pei Wei then headed downtown Dallas to do some damage. 

We hit up one of my favorite shops, Clothes Circuit, an upscale resale shop in one of the nicest areas in Dallas. We found nothing! :( I was completely upset. Usually I find fabulous deals on clothes, shoes, and bags. I did find this Lilly Pulitzer dress that I fell in love with but it was absolutely too big and a difficult dress to hem/take in so I sadly said no to it. I told Aly that I wanted to gain some weight just so that I could have the dress... but she convinced me that it wasn't the best idea.

We decided to try lady luck at North Park which is seriously the best mall in the entire world. It has everything from J.Crew to Neimen Marcus to Williams Sonoma to Louis Vuitton to the Disney Store to David Yurman to really whatever you could think of. Well since we were dying of thirst, we had to stop and get refreshed at Chick-fil-A. Then stopped at Forever 21 and tried on over two arm-fulls of clothing twice each! We had so much fun and found such great deals. Thought I would share a picture board of a few of our fun finds... (couldn't find pictures online of most of our goodies but found a few!)


So I'll keep on running in races and running around Dallas with friends. It is good to live in the hot, windy, dry, fashion forward, glamorous city of Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment